Thursday 2 October 2008

Sex and the City; What a load of Rollocks


I’m about to reveal something to all you readers out there that have left my girl- friends reeling in shock and many more just shaking their head trying to understand how it could possibly be.

The thing is I, Ms Beaumont, of London England absolutely hate…..Sex and the City.

There I’ve said it, it’s out there in cyberspace and it feels good.

 Often hailed by females as a refreshing and fantastic portrayal of the modern women in her attitude to sex and relationships, I find it a complete bore. When you think about it it’s not that refreshing or daring. They discuss blowjobs, so what, fair enough it may have never been done in such a way on TV before but is it worthy of  ‘Sex and the City nights’- yes these do happen. Where a group of gal pals get together dressed up to the nines just to settle in to watch the weekly half hour episode over glasses of pinot! Here’s a novel idea why not just get together and TALK TO EACH OTHER instead over a cocktail or two and not watch a bunch of women chat about what you have been doing since forever anyway!

 These women are supposedly sexy- don’t even get me started on SJP- successful, stylish, have a great friendship yet they spend all their time harping on about men, dating men and seemingly on an eternal quest to find the perfect men. So to me the message I’m getting is you can be as successful and hot as you want but unless you get a man your life will never be complete. Give me a break

I am not a cynic and do believe *cliché cringe alert* that ‘love conquers all’ and happiness is tres important but I feel this program is just way overrated.

No comments: